What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many services of the information society. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the customer's browser, being able to be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page,
platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and
for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an order, make the application for registration or participation in an order, make a purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an order, and so on.
the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing,
store content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Customization Cookies: these allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as language
general predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional settings from where you access the service, etc..
- Analysis Cookies: allow the responsible for them, monitoring and analyzing the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their behavior.
through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
to display advertising based on it.
- External social network cookies: they are used so that visitors can interact with the content of different social platforms (facebook, youtube, etc.).
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser's Help menu where you can find instructions. You may at any time choose which cookies you want to operate on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the storage
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used in www.miweb.es
The cookies that are being used in this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
In view of this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Close. The warning is hidden on this page.
www.miweb.es cookies policy and modify the configuration of your browser.